Monday, May 27, 2024
No menu items!
No menu items!
HomeNewsPoliticsJONATHAN HAS NOT MADE ANY COMMENT ON THE COMING ELECTION YET -...

JONATHAN HAS NOT MADE ANY COMMENT ON THE COMING ELECTION YET – SAYS IKECHUKWU

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has distanced himself from reports claiming that he was under pressure to contest the 2023 presidential election.

He stated this in a statement issued by his Media Aide, Ikechukwu Eze.

Jonathan said he was not under pressure to contest, rather he was focused on promoting peace and sustainable democracy across the African continent.

The statement reads: “There was nothing like that. The former President has not made any comments nor spoken to anyone on the coming elections.

“He is busy concentrating on his foundation, The Goodluck Jonathan Foundation (GJF), and its work of promoting peace, sustainable democracy and youth empowerment in Africa.

“If you check online, you will discover that a story with similar headline had been published in the past by few shady online sources.

“The last time this same story circulated online was before the 2019 Presidential elections. It has now come up again.

“The good thing is that Nigerians already know this to be fake. That is why Nigerian newspapers and serious online news media will not publish such falsehood.”

Thank you for taking your time in reading through our Journal Today. We wish to always provide you with qualitative Stories as far as GOOD-JOURNALISM is CONCERN. But good journalism costs a lot of money and only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, accountability democracy and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism, we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble profession .

Efecha Gold
Efecha Goldhttps://goldennationmultimedia.com/
Journalist, Analyst, Multimedia expert, and Musician.
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Verified by ExactMetrics